Monday, November 26, 2007

Mike's September Elk Hunt








Mike went on his first Elk hunt in late September with Patrick, Mark, Justin and Jim. What an amazing opportunity and challenging week. Here are some photos from that trip. Overall they got 2 elk, 1 cracked tooth, 2 knee injuries, and 53 muscle strains. We have been enjoying the elk since the trip...incredibly lean and slow cooks beautifully. Cecelia loves it!

1 comment:

Zoya, Patrick, Nora and Stuart said...

Actually, as a crew we ended up losing 2 teeth. Mark Rusk also lost a molar that he removed on his return to California. How odd that the worst injuries ended up as tooth related. I was sure we would have at least one chronic knee injury. Good thing the elk meat is worth the teeth (I might not be so sure of this if they were my teeth). But who cares about Mike and Mark's teeth anyway? Just so long as they can still carry the meat to the boat. Note I have just cursed myself and will probably lose a tooth on the next elk hunt. Zoya will not be happy. Patrick