Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Hot Topics for Tuesday 11/6/07




It's a rainy Tuesday here in Kodiak. It's supposed to get up to ~40 degrees today and I sitting in our living room with a cup of chai, The View on TV and Cecelia crying in the background. Which leads me to our first "hot topic"...

1. Parenting doubts... Mike and I are thinking that if I put Cecelia down in the morning for a nap she might not need as much sleep in the afternoon and then may sleep better in the night. So this morning, as she gets increasingly fussy... WAIT! she just stopped crying....no there she goes again. Sigh. I just am not sure but I'll leave her in her crib/ room for ~10 min. then I'll go get her if she hasn't fallen asleep. Yes I'm weak and filled with doubts.

2. The power of words. Too bad Dog the bounthunter didn't have parents that taught him not to use offenisve words...especially when being secretly recorded by his money-grabbing son. And do I think less or more of him for what he said during a private phone conversation...NO. Because he is what he is and this does not impact my values or life. (By the way, check out Nora's word of the week on the Saltonstall family blog. I'll try to memorize it but I've never been good with foreign languages. Smile)

3. Finally...I appreciate every blessing...including our good health. Did you see the heart-wrenching story on the MSN home page today regarding the little 2 y/o Indian girl who is having surgery finally for the 8 limbs she was born with! They think she had a twin whose body fused with hers. Okay maybe my parenting woes are minor and I'm blessed to go through them.

Love to all our friends and family. By the way, all is quiet from Cecelia...down for her morning nap.


The middle photo is of the 3-legged tiger at the Omaha zoo. Can you see her cubs behind her?

2 comments:

The Spin Studio said...

great entry! I'm with you Roxann. We count our blessings every day. Zoya

judy said...

you are doing what is important to you Rox, that is GREAT. I questioned all i did for my kids too. But with you and Mike united in your encouraging Cecelia to take an earlier nap you can have peace of mind. She is strong and flexible and she loves you to do what is best for her(more sleep at night). Clinton,nah
judy