Sunday, November 25, 2007

Ahhhh Sunday




Sunday is such a bittersweet day. While it continues to be the weekend, it is also a reminder that the start of work week looms near. Sigh
Well nothing too exciting here in the Pfeffer-White household. Mike and I had planned to go to a concert by "Bearfoot Bluegrass" last night. I had arranged for a babysitter a few weeks ago. I spoke with her again on Friday and Saturday confirming our plans. Mike called and reserved two tickets for us (started at 8pm). We straightened up the house for the babysitter. And then, about 2 hours before it was time to go, Mike became ill and I was exhausted. So instead of our careful plans, Mike took some medicine, I called and cancelled with the babysitter (we'll still pay her due to the short notice), and we were all three asleep by ~7:30pm.
Cecelia woke this morning at ~2am...a little later than her usual 1:30 time. In talking to my Mom, it appears this may be a genetic trait (early rising), as my Mom remembers being told that she is affected with the same trait and her mother would iron while she played around her feet- refusing to go back to bed. Curses! I tried breastfeeding Cecelia in our bed after she awoke this morning- hoping she would be lulled back to sleep (usually we sit in the living room with a low light on). But no go, instead she played "Queen of the mountain" on Mike and I.
But despite our sleeping woes, we are so blessed to have our joyous little Cecelia. She is usually so happy and energetic. She is becoming more and more talkative- saying "Yeah", "Da", "Wa" and a host of other sounds that have been getting louder and louder. Smile.
Well love to all of our friends and family. Hope everyone has a relaxing Sunday. Mike is cooking our Thanksgiving turkey today- should be done in about 2 hours. Yumm.



No comments: