Happy Thanksgiving friends and family!!! I'm so thankful for my family (Mike, Cecelia, Mom, Elaine, Jerry, Joannie, Josh, Andrew, Leon, Rosella, Will, Devon, Landon, Lauryn Noel, Ed, Bijaya, Chandra, Eddie, Danny), the Pfeffer-McGowan-White extended clan, our extended family in Kodiak, and Gigi Obren and all the amazing people I've been blessed to meet who have inspired me with their goodwill, kindness, courage, humor.
Yesterday has melded into today- making a long day. Mike had dental work done- leaving him hurting and a bit grumpy. (We're going to wait to have our turkey this weekend when he's more up to it.) Cecelia and I went grocery shopping, made picture cards at Walmart, chauffeured poor Dada to/ from the Dentist, and rented the movie "Chuck & Larry"- (really wanted to rent the new Die Hard movie but so did quite a few people before me). While at work today, a patient offered to get an extra 40# box of King Crab from his work (they flew in a big shipment tonight), so I drove out to get it this evening. Was expensive ($230, but cheap for King Crab). It cheered Mike up, who promptly ate a few legs around midnight when I brought it home. And if Mike doesn't eat it all, we'll see if Zoya and Patrick want to split it.
Later today hope to try baking a few treats for Cecelia and I (wheat-free) and prep for tomorrow. Black Friday! Yipppeeeee. It's quite an event for the truly bold and brave here in Kodiak- where yard sale-ing has become a weekend sport. I hope to be at Walmart at 4:30 so I can wait in line for their 5am opening, then onto Grandslam (toy store) and finally maybe Mack's sport store. Should be done by 6 or 6:30. We really don't need anything but I'll only get to enjoy this rush once a year.
Well Cecelia has finally fallen asleep on my lap and Mike on the chaise. Might as well join them in dreamland.
Love to all, R
PS- I'm also thankful for blueberries, Rosie O'Donnell, and reality TV.
No comments:
Post a Comment