Tuesday, January 15, 2008

BBC rocks!



With the continued writer's strike, the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation) offers some great TV. My 2 favorites include "You are what you eat" and "Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares". In "You are what you eat", a small, shrewish British woman, Gillian McKeith- a "holistic nutritionist"- embarrasses and berates "fat slob"s and helps them change their eating and lifestyle habits. She has them keep a food diary for 1 week prior to the show and then she dumps the weeks worth of food on a table to shock them. Additional tactics include photographing them in their underwear, analyzing and smelling their "poo", having them get a "colonic", teaching them how to cook some hi-nutritious/ cleansing dishes, and finally getting them on a gentle exercise regimen. I'm really finding the show educational, somewhat disgusting, and inspiring. In "Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares", Gordon Ramsay helps failing restaurants with his usual charming style. Just riveting...like watching a train wreck. Take a walk on the wild, British side and enjoy these shows. Or try to get through an entire day with a British accent. "Bollocks! What rubbish!"
Love to all, R

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love "Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares"! I always seem to enjoy his to the point ways. He's like the Dr. Phil of cooking. Only I like Gordon better :-D