Good Morning, friends & family,
All is well in our home. Yesterday was a mostly rainy day here in Kodiak. Had a short dry spell in the morning when I was able to work on our backyard. Cleaning up after the dogs. Ugggg- but necessary. Need to try and do more pick-up today. (Maybe I'll even try to use gloves today....HA! Just kidding, I use a shovel and rake.) We have 2 big dogs- Emma and Kenzie. Emma is our little escape artist or as Mike has nicknamed her "pain in the ass". We had just returned from the Christmas bazaar at the Alutiiq museum, sitting in the living room, when Mike looks outside to see a dog racing across the road. "Is that Emma?" I ran outside and she came right to me. She had dug ANOTHER hole under the fence, crawled under, then jumped the fence in our neighbor's yard. Repairing the fence next year will be a major but necessary project for us.
Otherwise Saturday involved watching a flock of small birds eat the winter berries off the trees in the front yard, college football, household chores, making polenta bread then meatballs and batter-fried mushrooms, working on our Christmas cards, and learning to take our diaper off. Can you guess who was doing what?
I've just finished a cup of chai tea and am relaxing as Cecelia takes a morning cat nap.
Pictures include- the birds eating -looking out from our front window, Emma and Kenzie (Emma is the little one), Cecelia saying "Hey! I don't need this anymore.", and Cecelia and I playing with the delayed picture taking feature of our camera (still trying to figure it out).
Love to you all, Roxann
1 comment:
The birds look like waxbills - they haven't made it to our neighborhood yet. Patrick
Post a Comment