Hi Friends and Family,
Only 14 days until Christmas. Sunday I worked on our outdoor Christmas lights and you may now call me the "Picasso of lights". Using whatever lights we've collected over the years, I strung dangling blue lights along the front fence (all charmingly out-of-synch), outlined the greenhouse in white lights and then used a strand of purple lights I had from Louisiana to outline the front window and draw a heart in the middle of the window. Tacky but beautiful.
So here's my conspiracy theory. I've noticed that since the writer's strike and the end of our favorite nightly TV shows (i.e. The Office, Carpoolers, etc.) we've ended up renting 3-4x as many movies as previously (which is only 1-3 videos a week but still quite a bit more than our usual 1-2 movies a month). So I think the writer's strike is actually a conspiracy to get the public to rent and buy more videos and that this benefits the major TV networks financially (possibly due to advertising dollars for these movies, savings from not paying the writers, and probable common stock market interests). Hmmmm.
Only 14 days until Christmas. Sunday I worked on our outdoor Christmas lights and you may now call me the "Picasso of lights". Using whatever lights we've collected over the years, I strung dangling blue lights along the front fence (all charmingly out-of-synch), outlined the greenhouse in white lights and then used a strand of purple lights I had from Louisiana to outline the front window and draw a heart in the middle of the window. Tacky but beautiful.
So here's my conspiracy theory. I've noticed that since the writer's strike and the end of our favorite nightly TV shows (i.e. The Office, Carpoolers, etc.) we've ended up renting 3-4x as many movies as previously (which is only 1-3 videos a week but still quite a bit more than our usual 1-2 movies a month). So I think the writer's strike is actually a conspiracy to get the public to rent and buy more videos and that this benefits the major TV networks financially (possibly due to advertising dollars for these movies, savings from not paying the writers, and probable common stock market interests). Hmmmm.
Well Mike rented the Bourne Supremacy tonight. Thumbs up so far...and now I know why Matt Damon was voted sexist man alive. {The pics are of our Christmas lights...the blue lights in the 2nd pic do extend to the right along the fence, they're just out due to the "charming synchronization." And I decided to go more minimalist with the lights in the tree...less is more, don't ya think?}
Love to all,
Love to all,
R
No comments:
Post a Comment