As Cece was napping and I was working on a report for work, I started thinking about New Year's resolutions. And rather than make goals to "fix" all my problems, my one mantra will be 'Carpe Diem' (Seize the day). So here are some words of wisdom to inspire and guide:
- Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead. -Scottish proverb
- And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. ~Abraham Lincoln
- You will never find time for anything. If you want time you must make it. ~Charles Buxton
- Many people die with their music still in them. Why is this so? Too often it is because they are always getting ready to live. Before they know it, time runs out. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes
- I held a moment in my hand, brilliant as a star, fragile as a flower, a tiny sliver of one hour. I dripped it carelessly, Ah! I didn't know, I held opportunity. ~Hazel Lee
- When your life flashes before your eyes, make sure you've got plenty to watch. ~Author unknown, from a television commercial
Pics are of a sunrise last week, the spring horse Cece got for Christmas (she's saying "off"), and the moussaka I made for dinner tonight. -R
2 comments:
Pretty cool - it looks like we were both taking pictures of the same sunrise at about the same time! My posted picture is just more zoomed in. Patrick
Happy New Year! I hope 2009 brings you many blessings!
Good mantra. Thanks for sharing the words of wisdom.
Post a Comment