Tuesday, January 27, 2009

State Troopers and Joys of living in a small town


Monday (yesterday) I left our home early to drop Cece off at her daycare and head to work a few minutes early. While mentally planning out my day and thinking of treatment plans, I took a right turn to go to work instead of driving straight to the daycare providers house. "Shoot" After making a U-turn, I went back to Rezanof street, did a "California" stop (a new term I learned yesterday) and got back on track. For about 30 seconds before a state trooper pulled me over. Sigh. He kindly asked me if I knew why he pulled me over (Yes), I rambled on about taking a wrong turn, he then asked if I was unfamiliar with the road I'd turned onto (No, I'm very familiar with that street), he asked for my license- proof of insurance- registration (while I easily found my license, I could only find an old proof of insurance and an old registration) and finally the nice state trooper asked if I knew that my registration sticker on my truck was a year old. Uggg. Luckily for me, I scrambled around further in my glove department and found both my new registration and proof of insurance. Whew. I ran the information back to the trooper in his vehicle and then waited for his verdict. A verbal warning and his farewell words, "I hope you have a better day."

So of course the story doesn't end there...especially in a small town. As I was joking about my wrong turn with my first client of the day, she asked, "Do you drive a red truck?" Uggggg. Finally, later that day, I got a message to call Mike. When I called him back, he asked if I needed 'bail' money. A friend (Thanks, Zoya) had called him to ask if I was alright...I guess she had driven by during my 'adventure'.

All in all, I had a great day and am so appreciative of the State Troopers and the Police who help make Kodiak a safe place to live. -R (Above- Cece pleading with the trooper not to take me to the slammer.)

2 comments:

Pixie said...

That's ok...I think you'd make an orange jumpsuit look fashionable! :)

Katie said...

Oh, Roxann, I've had a very similar experience. I had a busted tail light, got pulled over and ended up with a ticket (I didn't have Cece to plead my case). When I got home there were three messages from people who had seen me pulled over on Mill Bay. The next weekend, the trooper and I were at the same house party. Sigh. He was a nice enough guy, though.