First of all, Congratulations to Stefanie and Devin Townsend! They proudly welcomed a beautiful baby girl to the world on Sunday, 1/11/09. Sara Mackenzie Townsend! I had the privilege to work with Stefanie when they were stationed here in Kodiak (USCG).
Well, I arrived back in Kodiak Monday morning after having been in Oregon for the past 3 days (Thursday to Sunday). I was lucky enough to get to go to a Strain-counterstrain course (Spine I). My first course of SCS was taken in July and I've been steadily using it with more and more patients. SCS is a gentle manual technique that I'm so glad to have in my therapy 'tool-kit'...another route to help my patients and releave pain.
Oregon was lovely. Medford was quite a busy area with lots of shopping, small businesses, and neon lights. A nice place to visit but... As I had a few hours before my return flight on Sunday, I decided to check the food co-op in Ashland (about 20 min. outside of Medford). What a cute town Ashland is! Victorian homes, a quaint downtown, and a great food co-op. Ashland was voted #2 in Best small art towns, holds an annual Shakespeare festival and has a thriving music scene. Really a cute place and I'm happy I got to visit, however briefly.
Now at home, Cece and I are getting back into a good routine. Yesterday we went to her 'Music with Mar' class, Monday we went grocery shopping, and today we made breakfast brownies together. Above pics are of Cece making the breakfast brownies and Cece finally crashing after watching puppy videos on the computer tonight. So much to do but so little time... -R
2 comments:
Glad you had a fun time in Southern Oregon and didn't have to deal with the Portland to Seattle flooding mess. Ashland is a fun town, isn't it? Has a lot of positive energy.
Hope things are going well at work with the new travelers. I'm down in Portland now for my own cont ed class and planning on doing full-time travel therapy in March.
Thanks for the congrats....hey I got 3hrs of sleep last night and feel human again. Glad to hear your course went well and you get to help so many people feel better.
S.
Post a Comment