For the past week, I've had a slight cold. Today I have a major cold- sandpaper voice, heavy chest, wobbly light-headedness. But then many in Kodiak have fallen ill with our delayed Spring and inclement weather- snow and now rain for the past 2 or 3 weeks. Mike has a cold again- he says its not bad. Yet. I'll have to stock up on chicken soup and orange juice. So far Cecelia is doing okay...possibly thanks to getting regular breast milk. Right now she's stripped off her PJ's and playing peek-a-boo.
Yesterday, Cecelia had 3 immunization shots. We go to the public health office to see Elsa. She's a fabulous nurse who makes the whole ordeal as easy as possible. I hold Cecelia in my lap rather than the 4-point pinning down that our former providers demanded. Can you imagine how scary it is to be flat on your back with your arms and legs pinned down while 2 nurses/ aides inject each leg at the same time?? I had no idea that shots could be given in a more humane and gentle manner. So when we had to go to public health a few months ago for Cecelia's 12 month shots (our former clinic's fridge had broken and they were unable to give Cecelia her shots...What a blessing!), it was a wonderful change to the previous traumatic shots. Elsa blows bubbles and gives Cecelia a new toothbrush. She talks to her afterwards to help her recover...whereas the other aides would simply flee the room after inflicting so much pain and fear. So Cecelia did well yesterday (Thanks to Elsa!!) and we no longer go to the other clinic.
Finally, last weekend Mike and I went o the new Art store in town. So inspiring to see what local artists are creating and the other wide-ranging products the store displays (like hand-made paper in beautiful designs with flower petals and leaves embedded in the paper, yoga pants made of bamboo, organic cotton shirts, etc.). Mike and I splurged on 3 small wonderful pieces. See pics. Hope everyone is doing well. Heart, -R
2 comments:
Rox, i love all three of your art pieces! Is the green one (#3) a necklace? lovely Hope you and Mike feel better quickly. mom/judy
Hey Guys!
I love this post. Such cool art work. I'll go check out the shop!
Zoya
Post a Comment