Thursday, April 17, 2008

Mike's Birthday party






Yesterday was a busy day as Cecelia and I got everything ready for Mike's surprise b-day party. Went to the store as soon as he left for work to gather the last remaining things I needed then rushed home to bake then frost his cake (Germain Chocolate, gluten-free), make Japanese crab cucumber salad, and chop up veggies for hummus dipping. Cecelia was busy with rearranging the kitchen cabinets then eating miscellaneous from the same cabinets. (see pic) Finally, the morning was over with rushing everything over to Patrick's and Zoya's house where we would meet after work. Patrick calling Mike over to come try a new bottle of wine.

We had the small party with friends Mary Jane, Patrick, Zoya, Stuey, and Nora. As Mike's only request for his b-day was seafood, I ordered sushi from the Old Powerhouse restaurant last week. Took them our large serving platter and a dish for rice yesterday. Zoya helped with some sushi selections as it's all 'Greek' to me. I picked up the platter right after work (left an hour early- part of the surprise) and it was beautiful- so many colors, rolls, and sashimi (sp?). Definitely my favorite part of his surprise b-day meal as it was enjoyed by all- especially Mike. (see pic) Cecelia had a grand time with Nora and Stuey. She 'hangs with Nora', following her around the Saltonstall home and continues to enjoy giving Stuey a hug now and again.

I wish all our friends and family could have been there. Many thanks to those who were there and helped celebrate Mike's 36th birthday! Love to all, -R

No comments: