Monday, April 7, 2008

Kodiak...a hot bed of scandal



I thought about blogging about the prime rib our little family, Mary Jane and the Saltonstall clan had tonight. (It was on sale at Safeway.) Or how well Cecelia played with Stuey (who she considers her own live teddy bear) and Nora (the leader of their little pack).

But I thought I would blog briefly about Kodiak's scandals:


  • A man who believed $5 was stolen from him at a bar sprayed the occupants of the bar with bear spray. He was tracked down by the police and his spray was confiscated. 24 hours later he sprays the bar AGAIN! Last week he was sentenced to 5 months in prison.

  • A local massage therapist has been accused of giving 'too much of himself' during his massages. I guess you could say he has been caught with his pants down! I know...that was horrible of me and there have only been accusations by 5 women. But my sympathies lie with his wife, children and family and the victims.

  • There have been rumors and accusations of price gouging by our local gas stations. Gas is now $4.14 a galloon of unleaded. Yet Anchorage is ~$3.34 for unleaded. Additionally, a letter to the editor pointed out that gas prices were raised even before the new shipment came in...which conflicts with pricing reflected by the price of gas for the stations. Those bastards!

But despite these distrubing stories, Mike and I love Kodiak...the town, the island, and the people. (Pics include a view from Kodiak and Cecelia reading one of her favorite books.)-R

No comments: