
This past Saturday Cece had her birthday party at the USCG pool. For her young friends, it was a great venue as they could play, splash and interact as much as they wanted. Despite blizzard-like conditions and tsunami warnings, Cece had 7 friends come and play. After the pool, we all trekked over to the pizza parlor for pizza (Cece and I brought a gluten free pizza), gluten free mini cupcakes (vanilla and chocolate), chocolate milk, and party favor bags. So much fun with only a few glitches...Mike, the girls and I were all on the road, 1/2 way to the coast guard base when Mike unexpectedly pulled to the side of the road and asked, "Did you pack my swim trunks?" We both jumped out of the vehicle, raced to the back to look for said-swim trunks. Nada. So back on the road but heading back home...about 1/2 mile from home, Mike quickly turned the trunk around, heading back to the pool. "What are you doing?" Mike quietly replies, "I'm wearing my swim trunks. I put them on because I was afraid of forgetting them." Ohhh, the irony. But karma was on our side because a minute later Mike got a call on his cell from Patrick who discovered the keys locked in their family vehicle (their only one with 2 car seats). We quickly turned around again and went back to our house so Mike could grab the truck and head to Patrick's to help shuttle (Nora and Stuey- 2 of Cece's best friends) to the pool. So everything worked out well in the end. Pics above- Cece happily playing with one of the pool's rubber duckies, a few of us in the pool, Mike and Stuey, and an awesome pic of Nora swimming under the water like a pro. -R
No comments:
Post a Comment