Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Early morning rumblings



Since I'm having trouble sleeping tonight and Sophie has decided it's time to play at 3am...here's a few random thoughts for the day:

1. Shame on you- International Olympic committee and Vancouver. How many more injuries and deaths have to occur before these 2010 games are stopped? Persistent rain, no snow, faulty equipment (broken ice machine last night) and dangerous courses (luge course...goes 20 miles faster than designed, reported concerns about the dangerous course for MONTHS previously, multiple injuries and crashes on course prior to Nodar Kumaritashvili's death). I, for one, am boycotting these 2010 games...no snow, a tragic death, and an expected 2.4 billion pounds over budget. Someone needs to pull the plug...let me know what happens for I won't be watching.

2. As Indiana's democratic senator (Evan Bayh) steps down for idealistic rationale...I have to wonder what the possible solution could be for our 'party' divided government. Where partianship decides policies and law rather than the needs and voice of the people. But what is the answer and would it ever really be possible to not have political parties when we, as a species, tend to have a pack mentality? To have votes made by the thoughts and opinions of the constitutes rather than the political party. Or maybe the answer is to lock away all the politicians in tiny isolated cells with only direct communication from their... Oh wait...

3. A picture worth a thousand words and your life??? May we all learn from the poor fellow who has fallen into Mt. Saint Helen's crater (ledge gave way) while trying to take a picture. Saying a prayer for you and those who are now trying to rescue you.

4. And finally, how did we ever get so carried away with the looks of our pets? The grooming, styling and artificial enhancements. Pics above from the Westminster Dog Show... Yes, maybe I'm being a bit snarky but did I mention that it's been a long night.
Hoping for a nap later, -R

No comments: