At last, today we got the energy rating assessment on our home. Alaska has a state-funded program partially reimbursing homeowners in making their homes more energy efficient. As a result of this program, the three assessors on Kodiak have been blasted with requests for home assessments. I got us on an assessors list in May. So when we were suddenly called this morning for an afternoon assessment, we jumped on it. See pic of Cece checking out the assessor's fan.
In addition to Thanksgiving, Black Friday shopping (I was up at 3:30 to get ready!), and Christmas preparations, Mike decided to tackle the stairs into the living area. We bought bamboo flooring (got a great price at Costco) 2 years ago. We've completed the floor in the living area but still had the stairs, hallway and the two bedrooms to do. So this weekend, Mike got the stairs completed! Yeah, Mike! Now we just have to finish the hallway and the 2 bedrooms...maybe next year. See completed stair behind Mike and Cece in second pic. -R
1 comment:
Wow. Those are the best looking stairs I have ever seen. Zoya
Post a Comment