I've always thought stubbing one's toe can be so painful...well today I discovered having a crepe pan drop onto my foot is even more painful. Yow! In our kitchen we have Mike's antique crepe skillet hanging on the wall. I brushed against it and it came crashing down on the outside of my foot. Thank goodness it didn't hit Cece!!! So I crawled to the fridge, grabbed my cold pack and the portable phone then laid down on the sofa. Cece was thoroughly entertained by my crawling around and then proceeded to focus on more pressing issues in her diaper. Sigh...I called Mike and he came home to give me a hand with Cece and then drive me to the hospital for X-rays. My visit to the hospital as a patient was an education of itself. My doctor, Dr. Smith, was WONDERFUL! Kind, professional and courteous. As for the rest of the hospital staff, while they were kind, their customer service skills were definitely lacking. I'll definitely remember this while working with my own patients. (What was that movie in which the lead actor, a doctor, was diagnosed with cancer and became the patient??) But anyway, no fractures...just a really sore foot. Check out the pic above...that lump on the outside of my foot and underneath my ankle is where the pan landed. It's a bit purple and green tonight but I think my immediate cold pack use has definitely helped with the swelling. Here's to cold packs! -R
By the way, besides the Saltonstall blog site (www.saltonstall.blogspot.com), a new favorite site is www.vandelayenterprise.blogspot.com Enjoy!
2 comments:
So sorry about your foot Roxie, can't see the purple and green but will take your word for it. Good thinking about the ice pack. LOVE YOU mom
Sorry you hurt your foot, Roxie.
Hope you have some sandles that
wont rub in the sore spot.
Keep it elevated as much as possible
(easy for me to say). take care
Aunt Linda
Post a Comment