Monday, June 3, 2013

The Jungle Book dance recital

Sophie- our baby elephant
Cece- our lemur, down time during a practice
Sophie with a friend during a practice
Our lemur and baby elephant

In May, Cece and Sophie both performed in a dance recital of "The Jungle Book."  Cece was a dramatic lemur and Sophie was a cute baby elephant.  Both did wonderful for their performances and were even stayed for the curtain call bow at the end.
   Before these dance recitals, I never fully understood the commitment that students, teachers, volunteers and parents had to give in order for these performances to come together and run smoothly.  Mike and I sat through hours of waiting during practices while Cece and Sophie quietly played with their friends.  So much patience and fatigue.  But in the end I hope these experiences give our girls plenty of happy memories in the future.

1 comment:

grandma judy said...

Cece and Sophie, hope you had lots of fun doing your dances. You both look so pretty. Your costumes are so pretty too. Who ever make them did a really good job! jv